WEEDCRAFT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a Question for the Owners..

2 posters

Go down

Just a Question for the Owners.. Empty Just a Question for the Owners..

Post  Explorer_Halsey Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:48 pm

I understand that a white-list helps to keep griefers out, but it also alienates out alot of players who don't feel comfortable having to register on a server to play a game they already registered for.. and i can tell you for a fact that i personally skip over any servers that implement one.. creative servers its understandable, but If we're going to have an active community within the game, perhaps it would be wise to allow a longer time without a white-list so that we can acquire an active user base first that will establish themselves and therefore be willing to white-list.

(EX: I joined when there wasn't a white-list, and i started a town, so i white-listed to keep playing, in hopes that ill have fun with other people)

Alternatively, we could implement a system where anyone can join as a guest and explore the server, but to destroy or build you must register. That, actually, may be a better option and compromise that i have seen work well as an admin on 3 other servers.

I don't mean to question the judgement or way the owners operate THEIR server, but as a plain fact, there are currently 0 people on the server and only 9 registered on the website. Yesterday there were like 5-12 people on at almost all times, and we were all having a blast. I'd just hate for this to become another boring "mine and build by yourself" server, instead of a thriving and actively changing map and community.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I sincerely hope you take all of this into consideration. Laughing

Explorer_Halsey

Back to top Go down

Just a Question for the Owners.. Empty Re: Just a Question for the Owners..

Post  Admin Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:36 am

i know this post is really old but the whitelist is currently off lol

Admin
Admin

https://weedcraft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum